March 6, 2003

gosh, i had a dream that i was back up north and my dad came back from korea. it was a very happy dream, being together with my whole family again. my dad was so happy, being with his whole family and being next to his wife. i remember driving on a gray colored Golden Gate Bridge and going to J-town for dinner. *sigh* those were the days that i took for granted.

it feels a little weird blogging at this hour of the day. i usually write right before i go to bed and if i don't blog, i just write the next night. i don't know why i'm wasting my precious day right now. (blank face). well, yesterday was spent writing my final paper for my writing class. just like connie richards, i too have to write a rhetorical analysis...

char: hey phil, what are you doing?
me: writing paper.
char: oh, so what have you been doing this whole time?
me: i started writing at 1.
char: you've only been writing for half an hour?
me: try 12 and a half hours.
char: oh.

alotta people think i'm a very decent writer for whatever reason. i may not be smart, i'm not that stupid, but supposedly phil can write. *ahem* NO! i canNOT write! if you started working on your paper at 2 and didn't finish brainstorming til 9:30, that kinda tells you something. i mean sure, i might do slightly better than others. i might even be better at bsing paragraphs. but yesterday's 12 straight hours of Malcolm X and Martin Luther King really showed me that i am not necessarily a good writer, but a student who desperately works hard for that B. geez, i sure did have my share of the humble pie. and i'm pretty sure that when i get my draft back, i'm going to have to start it all over. that's just the way it works with me. shuttup minh, i am no good at writing.

so as a result of last night's labor, i once again missed my psych. class. i was so debating whether i should go to class or not today. i even got out of bed to pee and get ready to change. but after i flushed the toilet, i thought to myself, "screw psych," and marched on back to my bed. (shaking head w/smile) i know i'm going to regret this.

gosh, today is such a nice day! actually, these past few days have been really nice. i really love the weather here at irvine. it's nothing like up north where sunlight is taboo and the clouds are your only friends. i'm sure la and sd are really nice too but just b/c i go to this school, irvine has the best weather. i definitely think it's true that weather affects your emotions. psychologically and unconsciously, your emotions are altered depending on how much sunlight you get. maybe that's why so. cal people always seem to be so pleasant. i haven't thought about it much, but i just realized that i don't meet too many sad people down here. everyone's just fine and dandy. chill and laid back. jeah! today is a nice day.

well, i'm KINDA getting used to my hair.

Thought of the Day: More hair.
Song of the Day: All Of My Days

No comments: