January 9, 2003

i spent alot of my day reading yesterday. gosh, taking writing AND sociology is such a pain in the arse! a crapload of reading for both classes and they're not exactly the most exciting things to read. so yesterday was my reading day. i noticed that i zone out alot when i read. like i'll think i was reading and i'll daydream for a while. then i look at what paragraph i'm on and realize that i have no idea what's going on. so i start over and repeat the daydreaming process again. it's b/c small words or phrases trigger memories of my past and i start with my whole crazy imagination. for example, if i see something like Vietnam, it'll remind me of Minh Do and i'll start thinking about all the times i've lost to blackjack to him. haha. i don't know, something like that.

so last night was Bunz's birthday. annie and J got him a cake and we all sang him happy birthday in the studyroom. i think he liked the surprise. it wasn't the most organized event, but it was something....

bunz: hey, let's have some cake and beer!
me: ahahahahaha. that's gross.

last night, connie richards pointed out my "God is great. Phil is cool. You are gay." title. we discussed how too many people use "gay" and "retarded" w/o realizing what they're saying and how it could offend people. i personally use "gay" and "retard" ALL the time so i was trying to think of an excuse. the best thing i could come up with was the fact that i used those words just for expression or slang. in a sense, it is true right? i mean if you think about it, there's plenty of words that are potentially harmful to all kinds of people. we can't be satisfy every single person out there right? but i don't know, i wasn't satisfied with my answer and i'm still poindering on the subject. i guess the least i could is change by blog title even though it's been up there ever since i started blogging. but i don't know. i hate changing things that have been permanent for so long. argh! i'll change it. i just need some time.

willburt: philburt, you taking a dump?
me: yeap.
willburt: HOLLA!
me: ahahhaahahahha.
(flush toilet).
me: HOLLA!
willburt: HOLLA!
(connie opens bathroom door).
connie: what are you guys doing in here?
me: just chillin'.
connie: hi will!
willburt: get outta here!!!!
me: ahahahahahah.

last night, my dormmates found out my infamous picture b/c dykas sent it to willburt...

willburt: philburt, BE HAPPY!
(runs to his room, signs on, and sends me the picture).
me: OMG!
(everyone runs to his room).
everyone: ahahahahahahahaha.
me: nooooooooooooo!

last night, minh and willburt had another one of those "geting punched" games again. they each let annie, J, and connie punch them in the arm and stomach for 12 seconds each. lol. it's like straight up Jackass! gosh, J was punching so hard her knuckles started bleeding! such a weird night last night. but it was a good night.

Thought of the Day: CJ's coming to Irvine.
Song of the Day: HOT-We Are The Future (minh do style!).

No comments: