September 9, 2002

wow, there's just so much to write about. i hate it when i don't blog for days. you can't recall the best details of your good and bad days. sometimes, you mix certain events up. sometimes, you go off topic. sometimes, you start making up things. sometimes, you...

well, as most of you know, i got a new computer last week. after some stupid research on the net and some counseling from friends, i finally decided to buy the HP from Costco. i was really attracted to the Ultra 120 gig Harddrive, the 2.26 ghz, but most of all the 15" lcd monitor. i just had to buy something that was on the spot. i'm too impatient for online shopping. anyways, remember how i was thinking about getting a cd/mp3 player for college? well, i actually had my eyes on a Panasonic one at Goodguys for $100. but as i was looking around costco, i found the same one for $80! right on the spot! it came with a remote and everything! i was pretty sure my mom was going to scold me for spending my money too carelessly right before college. but when she saw the cd player, she simply said, "oh wow. you're buying this new one so you can give your old one to simon right?" so i didn't even have to pay for it. assah!

after i bought my computer, i went back to Extra for the 8,746th time to fix my phone. we got there at 2:30. the sign said Be Back At 3:00. the guy came back at 4:15. dude, i got really lucky too cause i said we would only wait til the parking meter was up. right when we had no more time left, i saw the guy opening his door. after i got my light fixed, hours later i realized that no one could hear my voice on the phone. so yeah, the guy screwed up again.

dykas and i started working on my computer at 6pm. we spent 11.5 hours on this blasted computer, trying to "fix it." first, we couldn't get internet. we switched to 98. i lost everything. we downloaded all the drivers. we got internet to work with my old ethernet card. then we realized that my harddrive dropped from 106 to 2 gigabytes. for some reason, it was only reading 4% of my real harddrive. so we started over. ok, to make a long story short, we spent 11.5 hours on my new computer and by 5:30am, all i had to do was get my cd burner and sound to work. *sigh* next morning, i decided to return the cursed thing, thinking it was the ethernet card's problem.

after some more hours on the my second new computer, we finally figured out that the dsl was already configured into Windows XP. all i had to do was put in my username and password the whole time. ROAR!!! but i was soooooooo happy when i finally got everything fixed. so here i am now, with my computer all nice and happy. it's super duper fast. i love the cd burner. i can burn cds in 3-4 minutes! i can finally watch dvds now! praise God!

oh yeah, before i bought my computer again, i went to Extra once again and got my phone fixed. the guy felt really bad so he gave me a free antenna. i chose white. (these days, i check my phone every 10 min. to see if everything is working fine).

friday, i went noraebang with i-fang and some church people. i loooooove noraebanging. it's so fun! you get to sing songs as loud as you want and your mom can't complain about your cracking voice. highlight of the night: chang's Eye of the Tiger. man, the guy can seriously make you laugh. thank you so very much i-fang. heeeerrrrrrrrrrooooooooo!!!

on saturday, i saw Chingoo on dvd. if you are a korean male and have not seen this yet, i highly recommend this movie. remember, i said korean MALE! this is strictly a guy movie. after watching it for the second time (this time with subtitles), i REALLY enjoyed and appreciated this movie. gosh, so many happy and sad parts. so far, all of my friends admitted that they started tearing up at the end...yes, even me. this is definitely my favorite korean movie so far.

i also finally got to play Twister for the first time at Esther's party. dude, that game is some fun crap! it's even fun when you're just playing with 2 people. esther and i were having a blast just laughing at our awkward positions and heavy complaints. warning: Twister is not to be played with Chang. bad things will happen to your body.

today, i finally saw Amelie. omg. that crap was so weird. it's not an enjoyable movie. very foreign. very hard to pay attention. it's just so weird. i didn't like it. i highly do not recommend it. 2 hours of life wasted.

oh yeah, i almost forgot! i got my dorm info. i got a 3 person dorm. one guy from japan, probably an international student. and this other guy from anaheim. his name's Minh Do. alotta people are telling me he's gotta be korean. but i don't know. my first thought was, "aw crap. i'm stuck with some chinese guy." (eheheheheh. i know you're reading this i-fang). but whatever the case, i'm happy that i'll be dorming with asian students. it could always be worse. *sigh* how am i going to fall asleep with these guys?

Thought of the Day: Twister in America is MUCH better than Twister in Korea.
Song of the Day: Jin-Hey Jin

No comments: