September 23, 2002

i am now an official college student. i live in a dorm. i use my id card to eat in the dining halls. i am no longer living with family and friends. so to all you bloggers, the next time i visit your blog, i better not see my blog link under YG. ok, this is stupid. i don't care about being a college student. i think i feel really lonely right now. dykas is living in Mesa Court (30 min. walk) with 2 other guys from mills right next to him, while i'm stuck in Middle Earth all by myself. i get all jealous when i see other people hanging out with each other. it seems like they've been friends even before they got here. i'm stuck here in my room with a japanese fob. my other roommate went home and didn't come back for the day. i'm so lonely. so if you haven't noticed, i REALLY enjoy talking online with my familiar friends...even simon! but according to justin, this is only my first day and it kinda sucks b/c i don't know anyone.

a typical conversation i had yesterday...

me: *knock knock* hi. i was wondering if your kazaa works.
guy: uh no. it doesn't work.
me: yeah, i heard our downloading is restricted in alotta areas.
guy: oh really?
me: yeah. oh, what was your name again?
guy: Frank.
me: hi. i'm Phil.
guy: yeah, i'm from...
me: oh. i'm from Millbrae/Burlingame. do you know where that is?
guy: no.
me: oh ok.
(i know this guy wants me out of his room).
me: ok, well i'll see you later then.

i have a triple. a 22 yr. old japanese foreign exchange student and a viet guy. the japanese guy is a fob but he's really nice. he's like one of those simple guys who has no clue what you're talking about. but he's nice. the viet guy seems really nice too. i didn't get to really talk to him much cause he went home today. so at least my roommates aren't gay. the only negative is that my room is about the size of a double and i have 3 roommates. our desks are smaller than Mesa Court's too.

but irvine isn't all that bad. the weather over here is super duper nice. i really like the environment, very clean, quiet, and full of asians. and not just any asians...lots of CUTE asian GIRLS. lots. i mean, i was always warned about girls girls girls in irvine. but geez, i never expected this! haha. yeah, it's good and bad. but don't worry, i'm only looking...no more, no less.

oh, the food here is great! i think the best way to describe it is it's like retreat food on a REALLY good day, except more variety. haha. yeah, food is definitely satisfying. you can eat as much as you want too. but so far, i haven't gone all out. i'm trying to prevent myself from the Freshmen 15 or whatever it's called. i wonder what the food in LA or Cornell tastes like.

special shoutout goes to Lois Cho. this ugly girl surprisingly decided to get me a gift before i left for college. dang, Searching For Bobby Fischer dvd. what a gift! and inside there was a retreat picture that was framed with some stupid card. gosh, now that is seriously thoughtful! i never knew weird people could be so nice. THANK YOU LOIS! i'm going to squash you when i get back!

special shoutout to jomo. thanks for the "dinner." i'm really sorry that i ended up going to In N Out. haha. maybe next time.
B, Girl In Red, and CJ-thanks for the calls guys. it really meant alot.

and to the rest of you bastards, thanks for nothing! i'll miss you too!

Thought of the Day: Irvine requires internet and friends.
Song of the Day: Natalise-Love Goes On

No comments: