August 24, 2002

retreat:

i enjoyed this retreat just like every other one. but at the same time, i realized that it felt "different." it finally hit me that i was kinda getting old for yg. having our immature paul come into yg was one sign. PJ letting me sleep in his cabin was another sign. gosh, it's weird. i felt very aloof from all the kids, almost like i didn't belong. oh but don't get me wrong, i sure had a great time. the games were awesome this year. the sermons were definitely worth listening to. and of course, the food was gross yet edible. and oooooh myyyyyy were some of the skits just freakin' hilarious! yeah, i did not regret coming to the retreat over another week in korea. praise God!

sidenote: i never realized how much i missed lois. seeing her just made me very happy. i enjoy her company very much. yes, she annoys me. yes, she bugs me. but yes, i DID miss her. great to have your ugly face back in the west coast. i'm still waiting for our little date.

after retreat:

the same day we came back from retreat, i saw justin off at the airport with moe and olivia. it wasn't like we were bawling our eyes out but there was still that "man, that sucks!" feeling among all of us. justin jang, my homosexual friend, is now in New York. oh so far away from me. yeah, i'm gonna miss the guy. that annoying arrogant guy. good luck with your white roommate and you're only allowed to call me on weekends.

but of course, the three of us just couldn't conclude a night like that. so we crashed at chang's and watched Vanilla Sky. man, that has to be one of the trippiest movies i've ever seen. i didn't like it the first time cause i only saw the middle and didn't quite make it to the end. but this time, i saw the whole thing through and ironically ended up enjoying it. and no, it wasn't just me! olivia said she liked it too. moe of course was snoring away 15 minutes into the movie. hehe.

friday:

my mom wanted to change her cell phone cause it was 90% broken. i really just wanted to chill at home but my mom really wanted me to go with her. so we explain our little situation with our phones, and i tell the guy that i don't want to switch over to anything new cause i want to keep my 8290. i know that cingular is a piece of crap company but you have to first understand what my phone went through. this phone costed me over 200 bucks! the phone itself was about 100 and the rest was spent fixing it up. foolish indeed! i agree. but the guy tells me that i can keep the phone and just change service providers like T-Mobile. so i put all my faith in this guy and canceled my account to cingular right there on the spot. after a ridiculous 1 hour, we get my thing canceled and he calls the T-Mobile guy. he finds out that they can't do it for my phone so i either have to choose T-Mobile or freakin' call Cingular again. *sigh* sometimes, the effort just isn't worth it you know? so my mom and i both walk out of that store with our new Motorola V-66 phones. gosh, and i'm still a sucker for fixing up phones.

random:

boLbim33 (1:17:50 PM): excitinged about IRvine?
boLbim33 (1:18:06 PM): LA girls... they are different...
boLbim33 (1:18:12 PM): they are soooooo prettier
boLbim33 (1:18:15 PM): than Nor al
Pretzelboi96 (1:18:18 PM): haha


today:

2 hours of soccer. *sigh* it was hard. we got raped pretty bad. 8-2. but i honestly had some fun. gosh, matt's pretty good.

justin called today. he sounded a bit nostalgic. i don't blame the guy. there's no place like california.

oh yeah, dykas came back today too!

Pretzelboi96 (9:56:30 PM): dude, wasn't korea awesome?!
AzN1283 (9:56:38 PM): man it was AWESOME
AzN1283 (9:56:39 PM): i love it
AzN1283 (9:56:45 PM): i hella didnt' want to come bak
Pretzelboi96 (9:56:55 PM): ah yeah!
AzN1283 (9:57:16 PM): man
AzN1283 (9:57:18 PM): i miss it
AzN1283 (9:57:21 PM): i miss the food
AzN1283 (9:57:22 PM): girls
AzN1283 (9:57:24 PM): everything

reflection:

so i have less than a month before i go down to irvine. man, i have so many things to do:

1. traffic school.
2. work.
3. sign up for classes.
4. sell my cell phone.
5. buy computer.

well, i guess that isn't so bad. it sounds alot worse that it actually is. i'm really excited about my computer. Pentium 4 2.0 ghz. 512 ram. 80 gigs. 32x cd-rom with burner/dvd combo. 15" flat panel monitor. and some cheap printer. all approximately $1,995.00 after tax and shipping. just fits my budget of $2,000. praise God. hey jomo, it's Dell too!

Thought of the Day: Withering away.
Song of the Day: Basement Jaxx-Where's Your Head At (at at at...)

No comments: