July 16, 2002

dang, char can hecka hook it up with Marriott! since me, dykas, and justin will have to stay somewhere down in Irvine, char told me that she gets fat discounts for family and friends at any Marriott. she works there part-time as a waitress so she gets employee benefits. anyways, the first thing she offered was 1 bathroom and 2 queen size beds for $70. that's a pretty good deal compared to its original price-$180! then she told me about the Marriott Residence Inn, which is supposed to be alot nicer with 1 king size bed, 1 bathroom, refrigerator and kitchen with utensils, continental breakfast, and last but not least complimentary parking! this would only be $60 compared to the original $160. i practically spent the whole day "working" on my whole hotel thing. she's so cool.

char: you fa sho?
me: i'm fa sho!

then at Mrs. Field's...

me: so i'm going to korea next saturday.
beth: oh really?
me: yeah. i'm going to see my dad.
beth: oh, can you get me one of those tequila glasses? give me one that says korea on it or something.
me: tequila glasses?
beth: yeah. i collect them.
me: so it's like your hobby?
beth: yeah. it's like hobby. i have over 20.
me: woah.

beth: omg! 9.99 for a shirt? too expensive!
me: what? then what's cheap?
beth: 3.99.
me: dude, that's like straight up Burger King right there!

me: ok beth. i'll see you in a month.
beth: OH! ok. buy that for me ok?
me: ok. bye beth.

we really don't talk much. but i know she's going to miss working with me.

i saw alotta people at the mall today. i first saw Alice at the foodcourt and got some super nachos from her. as i was walking to work with nachos all over my face, i saw Amanda. i found out that she works at Body Shop. then, right before i got to work, i saw my cousin, alan, again. he told me simon ditched him so he was all alone or something. as i started work, BS, Justin, and Calvin came to my store. unfortunately, Calvin was forced to pay for his cookies b/c the manager was standing right next to me, watching my every move. during my break, justin's mom came to the mall b/c she needed to talk to justin about some medical form. as i was working, i saw this one guy who used to be in PE class during my junior year. also, this white guy named Adam came to my store. we didn't really talk much in school but he said wassup to me. 2-9:30 on saturday and that's it!

today, right before i got off the bus, i looked at the bus driver and started doing some random thinking. i was thinking about how much i hated my job and how much crap certain people give me. it sucks, busting your balls for some lady and not even getting a single Thank You. even if it's a Thank You that didn't sound meaningful, I STILL WANNA HEAR IT! so right before i got off the bus, i made a decision to start getting off the front of the bus and to ALWAYS say Thank You to the bus driver. if working with cookies sucks, imagine driving up and down El Camino to pick up/drop off people in the middle of the night. the least i could do is say a simple Thank You. and every time from now on, i'll mean it.

No comments: