June 16, 2002

yesterday, i got my job back at Mrs. Field's. i told them that i had to go down to LA b/c my friend had to go to court to clear up a ticket. i showed them the appointment for the court thing and they bought my excuse. in fact, they didn't really seem pissed about the whole matter at all. they were like, "ok. just call us on friday for your schedule. (smile)." so yeah, this goes back to our great God who always provides! and yes, i learned my lesson: don't ever call in sick on your second day of training no matter what. in the words of frank, "you're such an idiot!"

i also began my exercise routines yesterday. i run approximately 3 miles going through different streets full of irritating hills and unnecessary STOP signs. i call this run, Bernal, b/c that's what the last street is called and i run to the end of it and turn around all the way back to my house. for those of you who don't know, i used to be in x-country during my soph. and junior years in high school. i'm not exactly sure WHY i joined. i mean, i was pretty slow to begin with, none of my "cool" friends were on the team, and i was pretty slow to begin with. anyways, Bernal used to be our "fun" run...you know, the easy workout where everyone cheered when coach told us to do it. gosh, yesterday was one pitiful run! i am ridiculously out of shape! after i was done running, i clearly remember opening my mouth as wide as possible to get in as much oxygen as possible. afterwards, i was only able to do 3 sets of 10 push ups and 3 sets of 15 crunches. when i was in x-country, i used to be able to do 3 sets of 30 push ups and 3 sets of 45 crunches! notice the huge gap? i have literally become 3x weaker than my old body. oh pity!

right now, i am having some trouble breathing b/c i just ate some In N' Out. it's weird though b/c i just had my usual...2 cheeseburgers, fries, and a drink. i never have trouble with a meal like this! well, i'm not exactly having trouble with my breathing. but i can feel my heart beating abnormally. you guys know what i mean right? when it feels like you have a lopsided heart? gosh, my heart's taking some pretty mean abuse:

(after running)
brain: c'mon take in the oxygen!
heart: dude, you REALLY need to work out some more!

(after eating)
brain: c'mon pump through those suckers!
heart: you bastard! i can't handle this!

today, i lost one of my students that i tutor, julia. she's taking some kinda summer school thing and she won't have time for a tutor. at first, i was kinda sad b/c i won't be making as much money. however, i'm kinda relieved that i won't have to worry about making unfavorable appointments every week. i still have john so it's not so bad. i don't know...i enjoy tutoring kids. it's a nice thing to do, it's easy, and it's MONEY! but really, i also enjoy talking to the kids about their middle school problems too. some of them are so stupid yet so understandable! afterall, i was a lost middleschooler once as well. but yeah, i'm going to make the best of my last few months with john.

so what'd you guys think of the Singspiration thing today? me? i personally felt very distracted throughout the whole thing. i mean, they were good and all. great singers, great guitar and drums, and good transitions. however, i just wasn't used to hearing such fancy worship. there was also the camera guy who kept bothering me, the really entertaining drummer, and the singers who kept dancing with their hands in the air. all these small things really jacked up my focus. all in all, it was a cool worship to be in. i guess i just wasn't used to it.

jomo-i was consistent in checking your blog everyday! i don't like the term, "loser." i prefer the words, "considerate" or "faithful." haha.
mr. chi-wherever you are, that Orange Bang stuff is dope!

Thought of the Day: "JAMMINY" eehsuhyeuo!? lol.
Song of the Day: Open The Eyes Of My Heart

No comments: