December 11, 2018

Music and Videos

I don't know too many people who still buy cds, but it is one of the things I still enjoy collecting. I think one reason for my purchases is that my taste in music can change, which means I can appreciate songs I didn't care for before. For instance, I bought The Killers' Hot Fuss back in college only because I liked Mr. Brightside and Somebody Told Me. I completely ignored all of the other songs all these years...until this year. It turns out that this debut album had all these hidden gems I was never aware of.

In more recent days...I think watching these videos will suffice my case.


Is that the best intro or what? Once Upon a Time in the West harmonica for those of you who didn't notice the significance. Even their music video is lots of fun!


I'm glad I bought this album too! And would you believe it? The Killers AND Muse will be playing at The Forum next month! But since we're on the topic of music and videos, I also wanted to share that I just got an email from a former student of mine in Korea who was deleting her old emails and stumbled upon an email I had written her 10 years ago. Turns out she ended up becoming the singer she said she'd always become.


I can't tell which one she is in this video, but Naver confirms her identity. I doubt I'll be buying their album though.


Thought of the Day: Finals Week
Song of the Day: Muse-The Dark Side

No comments: