August 5, 2013

Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth.

Growing up with a healthy obsession with dinosaurs, Jurassic Park probably had to be one of the best movies of my childhood. In fact, it was the only time I can clearly remember my whole family going out to watch a movie together. I loved how the dinosaurs seemed so real throughout the entire movie. So real that my brother cried when the T-Rex made its first memorable appearance. It was the perfect movie.

In fact, it was so perfect that I even asked my dad to buy me the original soundtrack. So perfect that I begged my mom to buy me the original Michael Crichton novel along with the The Lost World hardcover edition even though I was only in 5th grade and couldn't understand 80% of it. So perfect that we bought it on video from Costco and my brother and I watched it at least 30 times. "Shoot huh! Shoot huh!" It was seriously da bomb.

Unfortunately, the sequels were nowhere nearly as good although I was always excited to watch them and still look forward to the fourth one supposedly coming out in 2015. I never rewatched any of the sequels until last night when I had nothing better to do and decided to relive one of my childhood memories. I never knew that Vince Vaughn was in the Lost World! He's not so money with dinosaurs.

Anyway, I have to watch the third one now even though it got the worst ratings out of the three on IMDB. It seems as if there will never ever be a great dinosaur movie again like Jurassic Park.

No comments: