June 29, 2013

Ain't No Half Steppin


I had always thought this Big Daddy Kane beat was originally from Biggie's demo, 'Microphone Murderer.' I also never knew he was such a respected lyricist that even Rakim refused to battle him. But now, Big Daddy Kane is a nobody in the music business. I wonder if the same would have been the same for Biggie and Tupac. I guess we all have our peaks and primes. Just like Kobe and eventually LeBron.

It's interesting to see how my basketball peers often talk about how they 'used to be good.' They used to run faster, jump higher, and play longer when they were younger. Today, however, they complain of fatigue, aches, and fear of injuries. Less driving and more shooting from outside. The sad thing is that I can relate. Whether it's eating or balling, my body just can't keep up anymore. Ok maybe not the eating part so much. :)

Imma tear it up at the bbq tomorrow. It's great to be on vacation!


Thought of the Day: 한강 Picnic
Song of the Day: Biggie-Microphone Murderer Remix

No comments: