August 22, 2012

Sharpener

Every morning, I pray to God asking Him to make me into a better teacher.  This morning after my first period class, the co-teacher for that class asked if she could share some of her "opinions" with me.  Basically, it was a short list of SHOULDs and SHOULDN'Ts for me to keep in mind.  Short yet painful.  She is definitely one of the most experienced and professional teachers at our school, but that also makes me uneasy every time I have to teach with her.  I feel like I'm under her observance glass as she takes copious notes on my teaching skills (or lack thereof).  But I also know that teaching with her is sharpening me into a better teacher.  I just hate how sharpening always hurts.  What a curveball answer to my prayers.

Thought of the Day:  Caller/Receiver
Song of the Day:  Moby-Porcelain


No comments: