December 14, 2011

A Day in the Life of...

1st Class
아줌마:  My daughter goes to a gym.
Me:  Oh.  How often does she go?
아줌마:  She's fat.
Me:  Oh ok.

2nd Class
(learning the proper usage of "promise")
Me:  So we use this when someone has broken or hasn't kept a promise.
아저씨:  Oh.  Like "약속했잖아!"
Me:  Yes.  Exactly.
아저씨:  (looks at time and gets up to leave)  I need to go to the dentist right now.  I have a promise.
Me:  (not quite) Ok.

3rd Class
Me:  What's "Celebrations, Mom!"?
Student:  축하해, 엄마!

4th Class
Student:  Today, we watched "기생령."
Me:  What is that?
Student:  Do you know 기생?
Me:  Is that like a ghost that comes back to life?
Student:  Do you know 기생충?
Me:  Oh!  You mean like parasite?
Student:  I don't know.
Me:  Oh.  So it's like a parasite ghost.  A ghost that lives in other people's bodies?
Student:  Yes!  Then we watched 폐가.
Me:  What is that?
Student:  Abandoned House.
Me:  You mean Haunted House?
Student:  No.  Abandoned House.
Me:  Oh.
Student:  This is now Korean class!  Then we watched...


5th Class
Me:  So you believe in Santa Claus?
Student:  Yeah, he even wrote me a letter (points at wall).
Me:  I didn't know Santa Claus knew Korean.

6th Class
(talking about right and left hands)
Student:  With my left, I punch like this (punches straight).  But with my right, I hook...  (demonstrates hook).

7th Class
Student:  Hello, Teacher!
Me:  Hello, Mark.
Student:  How are you today?
Me:  I'm good.
Student:  Yeah, it's a little bit cold today.
Me:  Yeah, a little bit.
Student:  Today, I'm going to tell you about the background story of Dead Rising (zombie game).
Me:  (*sigh*  here we go) Alright.  Great!

Thought of the Day:  Christmas Gifts
Song of the Day:  Shocking Lemon-Under Star

No comments: