November 6, 2011

This week's persecuted church: Kenya


In a town in Kenya, Hassan was returning home from running errands at 8:30 p.m. when the six young Muslim men stopped him.  They hit him with a metal bar on his forehead and face, he said, and he lost two teeth on the spot.  Others hit him on the back.

Some stomped on his stomach while he was on the ground as others hit him on his legs, he said through bandages on his nose and above his mouth.  His hands were bandaged where they wounded him with a knife.

The attachers stripped him of his clothes as he bled and dragged him away, dumping him at the entrance of an area Presbyterian Church of East Africa.  Some passersby found him and called his mother.

"What happened to my son is the climax of the threats that I have been receiving from my Muslim neighbors," she said.  "They have now discovered that we are Christians.  They have heard my small children sing Christian songs.  In fact, there are rumors going round that I am the pastor of the group, but my strength is from God and my seven sons..Even though has he has been beaten, I trust God to protect us.  I will not return to Islam; I will stand with Christ."

Thought of the Day:  불안정
Song of the Day:  TLC-Creep

No comments: