November 18, 2011

TESOL


I am more than halfway done with my online TESOL course.  I LOATHE doing the homework assignments.  There are a total of 20 assignments for the course, and each one takes me approximately 2.5 hours to finish.  Part of it is the fact that I already know 80% of the material.  Another part is that I would rather spend my time studying or doing something else.  I honestly thought that I'd be able to gun through all of the units in less than a month, but it looks like I'll need a couple of extra weeks (I think I'll be getting my diploma when Simon gets his).  It's times like this when I realize how undisciplined I can be.  The thing that really pisses me off is that I know that this course is actually helping me too.  I AM learning.  I NEEDED to practice making lesson plans.  I HAD to refine some of my grammar rules.

Anyway, I recently remembered that this was what inspired me to write that one blogpost about "what I wish I had known."  John Ro was right.  I wish I had come in to Korea with a TESOL certificate.  Freak.

Thought of the Day:  등갈비
Song of the Day:  2Pac-Life Goes On

No comments: