September 10, 2011

This week's persecuted church: Pakistan


"I thought of him as a good friend, since we were working together...he used to visit my home often and was known to my family.  He started criticizing Christians for not observing the purdah (covering of women) and of following our 'own brand of religion.' One day when I was least expecting it, he told me that he had started liking me and that I should convert to Islam and marry him.  I told him that I had always considered him just a friend, and that although I held him in great regard, marrying him was not possible since we belonged to different faiths.

He was holding my arm tightly and forcibly led me to a white car in the parking lot.  He said that they would shoot me if I raised my voice.  I was in cmoplete shock...my senses went numb, and I could not believe this was happening to me.  They took me to a house, where he raped me while his friend filmed the entire incident.  They ruined my life completely."

In Pakistan, a rape victim is genreally considered too shamed to resume a normal life or pursue marriage.

Thought of the Day:  삼청동
Song of the Day:  The The Band-DO YOU LIKE SOMETHING

No comments: