May 22, 2011

*Phew*

My cheap bag strap ripped last Saturday.
Coming home, things were emptied right away.
But two things that were completely missed
Hand sanitizer and digital camera were not on the mind's list.
So the bag was thrown out for the garbage man to take
While I had no idea what had been at stake
But my thoughtful dad had decided to take one last look
In case I had left a pencil, notebook, eraser, or book.
Behold! The two missing items were still there!
This entire time his ignorant son was not even aware
Until he came home late last night,
And his mother decided to stir in him a fright
By asking if she could borrow his camera for the morrow,
Awaiting his look of surprise change to sorrow.
The boy opened his drawer where the item was usually found
But then proceeded to his other bags to look around.
So his mother watched him search in vain
Until the frustration inside could no longer remain.
"You, my son, have lost your mind!
Your father found what you now cannot find."
With confusion and embarrassment he took in his hand
The lost items she placed as he began to understand
Her words of rebuke, nag, and scold.
The succinct lecture to him was told,
"Today, we've just earned a lot of money.
Be sure to say thanks to your father, sonny."

I felt too stupid and embarrassed to thank him though. I never lose things, but I don't know why I'm so prone with digital cameras!

Thanks, Dad.

Thanks, God.

Thought of the Day: Stinkin' Heat
Song of the Day: 푸른새벽 Discography

No comments: