April 25, 2011

The Titan's Curse

I made the horrible mistake of going to bed at 9, only to wake up three hours later...quite awake. So I decided to finish reading the rest of the third book of the Percy Jackson series. There isn't that much to say about this book, but it did stir up some funny feelings when it described San Francisco as the most beautiful city Percy had ever seen. However, that burrito fight at the Hoover Dam did not make me happy at all. It reminded me of Russell Peters' description of Indians imagining throwing mashed potatoes everywhere at a wedding. Both ideas made me hungry for burritos and mashed potatoes. But the one thing that I did not expect to come out of this book was a profound quote spoken by the goddess of wisdom, Athena:

"The most dangerous flaws are those which are good in moderation."

Anyway, Chong Bong said that she finished Book 4 in one sitting. We'll see.

Thought of the Day: Rick Holland
Song of the Day: The Submarines-Brightest Hour

No comments: