December 10, 2010

Christmas Media

Here is some Christmas-related media that many of us our familiar with.

Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)
I never knew the Charlie Brown Christmas was so Christocentric. If you actually watch the whole thing, it's a lot more awkward compared to when you were a kid. Kinda feels like a bunch of children put the cartoon together. At least, Peanuts was clearer about the meaning of Christmas compared to Dr. Seuss.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966)
Moral:
Christmas is about more than presents.
A Christmas Story (1983)
This is definitely one of the Christmas classics that will never get old. There are too many good scenes, but I chose this clip just because I had totally forgotten about it.
Elf (2003)
I remember Elf being really popular when it first came out, but that only caused me to expect too much. However, this was the one scene where I had a good laugh.
The Nativity Story (2006)
On Sunday, we watched The Nativity Story, which exceeded most of our expectations. I've always imagined the Virgin Mary to be in her 20s, but this movie brought a more realistic perspective with Mary in her teens. I once heard Pastor Dennis say that he didn't like the Christmas carol, Silent Night, because he felt that it probably wasn't a very silent night with all the crying and barn animals. Maybe we all have Jesus' birth so wrong.
The Office Season 6 (2009-2010)
"Polluticorn wishes!"
Everyone tells me every year that The Office is no longer good and not worth watching. But every year, I beg my brother to buy the previous season's dvd and send it over to me. I have to admit that it's not what it used to be, but I never regret asking him for the annual favor, this year's favor being a Christmas present. "Recyclops will have his revenge!" I love it.

Yeah, The Office is no Christmas classic. I just needed an excuse to upload that random clip...along with this one.
I don't care so much for the story. I just wanna watch robots fighting each other!

Thought of the Day: Mutual Edification
Song of the Day: Park Bom-You And I

No comments: