September 17, 2010

Cell Phone Blues

For the past couple of days, I've been trying to fix the lagging problem on my Galaxy S. There are several forums and videos on how to root and tweak your phone so that it's super fast. I tried so many different things, but nothing worked...until I found this one video that happened to use the "International Version," which is what I have. Well, all seemed to go well until my phone was supposed to reboot but got stuck at the reboot screen. I could scroll up and down, but couldn't choose any options. When you're at a boot screen and cannot choose anything, you end up getting stuck there forever. It was like a permanent error.

So I took my phone to the AS (After Service) Center and waited a good three hours. In the end, they told me that what I had tried to do was illegal and there was no way for them to restore my phone, which is why I had to pay an embarrassing amount of money to practically replace the motherboard or whatever the crap it is. I lost so much time, money, sleep, and all of my phone numbers. I don't think I've been this discouraged since I lost my camera just over a year ago. Something always goes wrong at the end of every summer. What a way to finish my fourth year. Happy Birthday, Phil.

Thought of the Day: 할부
Song of the Day: Hyuna-Change

No comments: