May 26, 2010

World Records

(can you see me in the picture?)
May has been a pretty crazy month for me. I know nobody likes reading about my tutoring lifestyle, but I feel like I have bragging rights for breaking three personal records in the past two weeks.

Record #1:
I have a total of 18 individual students that I teach. I've never had this many nor have I heard of anyone having this many either.

Record #2:
The latest I'd ever taught until was 11:30PM. I'd literally run out the building and J-walk across the street to catch the last running bus. But last week, I finished my last class at midnight and taxied home. Just to hype up this record, I didn't even get to eat dinner until I got home that night.

Record #3:
I used to think that teaching six kids in one day was an exceptionally busy day. But with my current schedule, I have one day where I teach 6, two days where I teach 7, and one day where I teach 8. Today was the first time I ever taught 8 kids in one day. 10:30-10:30 won't stop, can't stop. You can throw dinner out the window.

Sometimes, I don't know whether to feel more sorry for myself or my kid. But I am glad that I have a handful of kids who are really fun to work with. For example, I am convinced that my student, Joshua, will one day be very famous in Korea.

Take 1


Take 2


Take 4


Joshua decided his first shirt "wasn't good," so he changed into something better. Take 8.


Take 9.


Take 13.


Take 26. Joshua's lost it.

He finally got it right on the next take just as our time was up. Great students make great teachers.

Days Remaining: 16

Thought of the Day: 고의적으로
Song of the Day: Big Bang & Transfixion (feat Kim Yuna)-승리의 함성 (The Shouts Of Reds Part 2) (Feat. 김연아)

No comments: