March 1, 2010

Well, shake it up, baby, now!

As I was writing an email to Joe about my February, it occurred to me that I had a month mixed with goods and bads. I often dislike inconsistency and change. Last month had so many weeks where my schedule kept changing, which meant that my sleeping and waking hours were often erratic. I know this because whenever I miss a good night of sleep, I'll have body tremors whenever I take a nap the next day. The more violent the shakes, the greater my sleep is lacking. Once, I shook so hard in the library that I couldn't play it off and was wide awake because of embarrassment. These days, it's like I'm dancing in my sleep whenever I'm in the subway!But today, as I was hanging out with Esther and April, I saw change in a very new light. I've come to realize that whenever I have friends coming to visit or live in Korea for some period, I often have this expectation that they will have changed and be very different from the past. However, just about every single person doesn't seem any different from when I had last seen them. But the interesting thing is that the people who HAVE changed are the ones who have lived here for an extended period of time. Esther was saying how people who live in Cerritos never change; rather, when I look at people like Enoch, myself, and even Esther, I can see how we've changed in our mindset and lifestyle. Soon, April will join us too.

On Thursday, I got really sick due to the weather changes and my stressed out immune system. Yesterday, I recovered completely and celebrated by playing ball with Nate. Today, I took a shower and turned the water off while using the soap. I hadn't done that in so long since it's been so cold for many months. Erratic February is finally over. March, no violent shakes please. A Cerritos month would be nice for a change.

Thought of the Day: 1
Song of the Day: CNBlue-외톨이야

No comments: