February 13, 2010

Food for some serious thought

Many of you know that I have a (growing) passion for 삼겹살. These past several weeks, I've been eating it much more than usual since my dad's been bringing some home about twice a week due to great deals at the market and his own love for pork too. On top of that, I have it another one or two times when I have dinner with some friends or relatives. Just to give you some perspective, I had meat five times two weeks ago. Last week, I had it twice. This week, I've had it three times. So I started to actually have some concern about my health and decided to look up the calorie content of a typical 삼겹 dinner for me. Considering how much I eat, it turns out to be over a whopping 2,300 calories, not including rice and 반찬. Did you know that a serving of 삼겹살 is 585 calories and 540 are from fat?

To make matters worse, I sleep more than 8 hours a day and exercise 0 hours a month. And if you know me, I consume a lot for lunch too. I've also developed a habit of eating hardboiled eggs for dessert cause I obviously need more cholesterol in my system. Man, I'm going to die so soon.

But it tastes so good!

Thought of the Day: It's my dad's fault.
Song of the Day: 아날로그 숲-Nobody Know

No comments: