January 16, 2010

Avatar Day

This week's persecuted church: Malaysia
A Pentecostal church was burnt down by suspected Islamic arsonists. Several other churches and Christian buildings have been attacked in Kuala Lumpur after a court ruling that allowed non-Muslims to use the word "Allah" for God. This could also impact the shipment of Malay-language Bibles. 10,000 were recently seized.

Update on Yemen: The Yemeni tribesmen are demanding 2 Million U.S. Dollars for releasing their hostages.

Earlier this week, I had to figure out a way to meet up for counseling, lunch, Avatar, and dinner all within the same area to meet up with three different parties. But as a result of these plans, I was able to meet an unexpected party at the end of the day. I was initially so disappointed that I couldn't watch Avatar in 3-D, but I could also see how God allowed the many coincidences and accidents to work out the way they did. This year, 설날 falls on Valentine's Day. I wonder if things will be different this year...kinda like Hoegaarden. Ha!

Thought of the Day: Giordano
Song of the Day: Lily's Diary-고백

No comments: