January 19, 2010

The King and the Clown

I just finished rewatching 왕의 남자 but this time with subtitles, so I was able to understand and appreciate the movie so much more. I love seeing historical Korea with its traditions and customs that we still practice today. I actually still wish that we wore 한복s and had those awesome sliding doors in every room. Well, at least we still got the right food!

(Spoiler) I love these movies where there's someone innocent who sacrifices themselves for someone who is condemned. They have nothing to gain and only to lose. They tremble with fear yet they are so brave. They face death so that others may receive life. It's these heroes who shadow our ultimate hero who was the only real innocent person who really lost everything and faced a real death.

I asked my dad if this movie really happened in history. He told me it was faction. I've never heard that word before, but I like it.

Thought of the Day: 삼겹
Song of the Day: Son Dambi & After School-Amoled

No comments: