November 17, 2009

Food & Cartoons

Yesterday, my aunt made me so much kimchee that my dad had to buy a 700,000won kimchee refrigerator. Many of my aunts on my mom's side know that I am a kimchee killer.  Even natives look at me and go, "Dang, that boy loves his kimchee."  But one secret 반찬 that many people do not know about is my love for raw garlic.  My dad always comments that we're the only family in Korea that eats raw garlic as a side dish.  I devour that junk up.  Every meal.  Remember that one episode from the Super Mario Bros. cartoon when they had to eat garlic?

I don't care if you should eat garlic to maintain your health or to beat King Koopa.  I eat it because it's wonderful!  Here's another very old cartoon that I watched SO MANY times as a child:

It's actually pretty hilarious watching it now.  It's funny to realize now that the girl was going through rehab!  Here is another very old cartoon that was in the same video:

Man, I used to get so pissed whenever I saw that scene where the kids threw their soup away.  I used to fantasize how good it would taste, and that scene would just kill me as a child.  

It's funny thinking back on my young childhood days when I used to watch the same videos and work on the same puzzles over and over and over again.  Although life was so simple and easy, I now realize that even as a child, I would always be fantasizing or coveting something new or fun.  I guess I'm still that same child but in a bigger body.

Notice how all the cartoons relate to food?  Maybe that's where it all started...

Thought of the Day:  Haokip
Song of the Day:  Shane & Shane-My Hope Is Built

No comments: