October 2, 2009

Today, I went hiking to 도봉산 with my dad. Before we got started, we came upon this drinking house. I guess they just wanted to be clear just in case people were curious what they were about. My dad and I had a good chuckle after he told me to get into the picture.
It had been a year since I went hiking, but it was good as always. Mountains and hiking have so many life analogies. One cool experience I had was when I had to climb down some super steep areas. The interesting thing was that I had to go down backwards in order to get some stable footing without knowing what I would step on. It wasn't about "leaps of faith"; rather, it was all about slow, careful steps.

I feel like my life events have been really similar. Slow. Careful. No progress with this. No results with that. I feel like I've been climbing for a long long time. I know there's a peak somewhere, but I still haven't seen any hints of it. So and so has reached their peak or so and so has gotten pretty high up. But me, I'm still stepping over stones. I guess even the peaks of our lives are only shadows of the ultimate mountain we'll stand upon one day. Let's keep climbing, y'all. I'm right there with you.

Thought of the Day: Office Space
Song of the Day: 6kies-기사도

No comments: