October 21, 2009


A good friend of mine recently told me that I used to be a heartbreaker in college. Of course, I was completely oblivious to this and still find it to be rather incredible. We made a joke about how the friend would change their Facebook profile to "Phil is really sorry" since I don't have Facebook. But for the record, if I ever broke your heart, I am very sorry. And if it makes you feel any better, my heart has been ripped into pieces all throughout my time in Korea.

Last week, I was going through some of my oldest emails in my inbox and was surprised to find one from Lisa Crawford. In the email, she had reminded me that I was supposed to find a wife in Korea because if I didn't, then that meant that I had to go on missions for life. I had TOTALLY forgotten about that pact that I had made in college. And apparently, I had totally forgotten to ever write back to her for the past 2.5 years. What in the world is wrong with me?

So the original reason why I had gone through some of my oldest emails was because I was searching for the link to free Tim Keller sermons that Jae had sent to me. (http://sermons.redeemer.com/store/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=11&CFID=1263022&CFTOKEN=48593258) I was very surprised and happy to find that they had added so many more sermons within the past two years. One reason that sparked this sudden interest was because I had run out of sermons to listen to on my ipod and remembered thinking that I had to go back and relisten to a lot of the Tim Keller ones because I had slept through most of them on the way to my church in 산본. Anyway, that link that is a freakin' gold mine. Almost every sermon causes me to sigh and repent in my heart as I'm walking to my students' homes. I also realized that I'd been wasting so much time just listening to music while I could have been listening to some stuff really worth listening to. Just in case you don't plan to listen to any of his sermons, I just want to let you know that I was particularly happy to find on the website the one sermon that ever brought me to tears when I was in high school entitled "Praying Our Tears."
I played with these twins so much that I'm now having withdrawal. I'll see you when I see you.

Thought of the Day: Ginseng
Song of the Day: Plingmin-今, 君へ

No comments: