September 1, 2009

"Though there had been moments of beauty in it, Mariam knew that life for the most part had been unkind to her."
I only have about 10 pages to go with A Thousand Splendid Suns. Hosseini's first book focused on the lives of two boys. This book focuses on the lives of two women. Today, I read an article from CNN that sounded awful similar to what happened to Mariam. Both women were falsely accused and sentenced to death. Both never came to know the Lord. What a tragedy.
After struggling with 소나기 잔해 for a long time, I finally decided to try something much more elementary and entertaining-Umba Falls in New York. It's actually a book for Koreans to study English, but I'm doing the exact opposite. It is so much more helpful and appropriate for my level, and it has plenty of funny illustrations in color. I actually borrowed it from one of my students who finished it in a day. When I told her that I'd probably need a month, she jumped out of her socks. Good thing that I didn't tell her that I actually meant to say AT LEAST a month.

Tseggy finally wrote back to me:
"You are the first foreign Christians who visited them and shared and prayed for them. They still talk about you. When you visited them, Ugi's second sister wasn't at home, she was working. So they always tell her what happened, who came etc. That sister said she wishes she was at home. They even told me that let's take a family photo and send it to you."

Amazing.

Thought of the Day: 고백
Song of the Day: Moby-Bodyrock

No comments: