August 20, 2009

Strange turn of events today. I had plans to meet some friends at night, but everything got canceled in the morning. After feeling bummed about that and going through a long, languid, humid day, I didn't have any appetite for lunch or dinner. Then to top it off, my dad shared some disheartening news about some relatives and family history right after dinner. Back to school schedules did not work out smoothly either. I was sad and stressed.

It's days like these that I am so thankful for basketball. The perfect outlet. All the breathing and yelling and sweating. The sweet shots. The finesse passes. The beautiful plays. And no matter how bad anyone played, the "수고하셨습니다!" So anyway, I ran some pretty fun games today. But the best part about tonight was that I got to meet Shawn.

Shawn is a Korean Canadian who went back and forth from Korea, but I see him as another kyopo like me. As I was getting to know him, I asked if he went to church. He said he was a Catholic but didn't really go. My first thought was DANGIT! NOT A CHRISTIAN. But after giving it some more thought, I realized that I should be thinking AWESOME. SOMEONE I CAN WITNESS TO. I'm thankful that I finally have a basketball buddy who can play in 오목교 with me. But I should be more thankful that I have an opportunity to share Christ through a relationship.

I never would have met Shawn if my original plans had gone through. Perhaps, even all of the day's stress led me to play basketball at the time that I did. Proverbs tells us that, "in his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps (16:9)." Today, if any of your plans have not gone your way, it's alright...the Lord has got every one of your steps.

Thought of the Day: Joey
Song of the Day: Big Bang-Stay

No comments: