June 14, 2009

This week's persecuted church: Singapore
A Christian couple has been sentenced to 8 weeks in jail for distributing gospel material in the mail. This act was seen as offensive, insensitive, and ignorant of others' race and religion. Pray for this couple and the other Singaporean Christians who live in this religiously sensitive country.

Summer is a very difficult time for me for two reasons. Mosquitoes and sweat. The heat only bothers me because my body tends to overheat more quickly and intensely than others. All of my life, I was always that sweaty kid with red cheeks after P.E. My 6th grade yearbook picture shows me all wet in my face and shirt because I played an innocent game of basketball in the morning. My homeroom teacher was actually very disgusted and gave me a harsh scolding about looking proper at school. I mean, what could I say except that I was sorry?

One time, this kid was guarding me in basketball until we made contact. "으악! 땀!!!" I've gotten so embarrassed at how wet I am that I've even left early even though I wanted to play more. I really loved those scenes from The Incredible Hulk when Edward Norton had to monitor his heart rate carefully in order to prevent his Hulk transformation. I actually do something similar whenever it's a hot day or the stupid subway 아저씨 doesn't turn on the air conditioner. I even have to watch what I eat or else my body will get too excited and burst into MY Hulk transformation-damp and smelly. For all of you dry and comfortable people, be thankful this summer cause Enoch and I are gonna be wet.

Thought of the Day: 어른아이
Song of the Day: Green Day-Jesus Of Suburbia

No comments: