June 28, 2009

This week's persecuted church: Egypt
An Egyptian court gave custody of two 15-year-old twins to a mother but would not allow them to change their religious affiliation to Christian on their ID cards. All citizens are required to carry these cards in order to receive government as well as private services such as education, employment, and bank transactions. The twin boys may be disqualified for Christian education because of their religious affiliation on the ID cards.
On Friday, I was being a good Christian and reading my Bible while waiting for the subway. But from the corner of my eye, I spotted this man who kept staring at me from a distance. As soon as he started approaching me, I was confident that he was a cult member who was going to try to convert me after asking me all these annoying questions. So I pretended to not notice him until he was just inches away and put his hand on me. I looked up. And it was Howard! The only crazier coincidence I ever had was when Mike Kim called out to me after I had gotten on the 6637 bus in 목동 after work. Now that was nuts.

This week has been full of CPC. I saw Esther on Wednesday. I met Eunice and Stephanie on Saturday. I recently realized that Eunice was now a junior in college. Stephanie graduated. Christine Kim graduated and will be in Paraguay for a year or so. Prairie is going to be a senior. I swear it's time travel. But one thing remains constant. Terrance is still in youth group. Faithful.
"[Dorj] is very glad that you are coming again. He again said it very difficult to go to Batshireet so people don't go there. But you are so brave."
-Tseggy

I love this picture of 종성 in Mongolia. We finally learned and started practicing a song and the body motions. My love for the team grows every week. I am so encouraged just by how much people step up and volunteer to take care of various needs. I love how we have some awesome KM people who feed us very well every week. As Ella said, "기대된다!"

Zal-bri, zal-bri, hallelujah!

Thought of the Day: 해숙장?
Song of the Day: Buchiklej Bagdaa

No comments: