March 22, 2009

A Muslim-born policeman recently decided to make his conversion to Christianity public and applied to have his religion changed from "Muslim" to "Christian" on his ID card. In Egypt no one has access to even basic needs without their ID card, but his brother and parents have threatened to kill him because they feel that he has dishonored them. The man has been in hiding and has a 14-year-old daughter who is officially considered Muslim and must study the Koran at school.

Romans 15:30-33-I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me. Pray that I may be rescued from the unbelievers in Judea and that my service in Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints there, so that by God's will I may come to you with joy and together with you be refreshed. The God of peace be with you all. Amen.
Today, 종성 was telling me how he had tried to find Life of Pi but realized that he couldn't find it because he had searched for "Pie" instead of "Pi." It reminded me of the time in college when Lisa Crawford was helping me with my online math homework problem for a long long time. No matter what, we'd keep getting the answer wrong until I finally realized that I had written in "pie" instead of "pi" in the answer box. Haha. Great memories and lessons...not for Crawford though.

Korea's going to the championship!

Thought of the Day: Psalm 73
Song of the Day: Hungry

No comments: