January 17, 2009

This week's Persecuted Church: India
Believers are being arrested and accused of "malicious acts to outrage religious feelings and punishment for criminal investigation." Hindu extremists barge into worship services and attack Christians as they are charged with forceful conversion. Pray for the release of those imprisoned and the many who work and study at Bible colleges throughout India.

Yesterday, I was at Hyundai Department Store with one of my students, and I saw a Body Shop. This winter seems to be colder than any other winter I've been in Korea (did you guys see how frozen 한강 was?), so I decided to get some lotion for my extra dry hands that have grown these nasty brown spots. But right before we walked into the store, I felt so embarrassed to walk into such a girly store with all its colors and scents and whatnot. I felt even more cowardly when my student laughed at my absurd behavior, so I bit my pride and walked in.

I never knew lotion could be so expensive! One of the workers rubbed a sample onto my right hand, but I decided that this lotion stuff was ridiculous and left the store. After some minutes, I looked at my right hand and noticed how much cleaner it looked compared to my left hand. In fact, it felt smooth and normal again! I bit my pride once more and returned to the store to buy the cheapest bottle that they had-12,000 won. They even gave me a membership card, which I will hide in one of the secret compartments of my wallet. So there you have it. Phil actually invested in hand lotion. I still think this crap is overpriced.

Last night, I had a dream that I was playing the original Street Fighter II on SNES with Shaq. We both chose Dhalsim, but his character was able to bite me like Blanka does. What a dream.

Happy Sabbath.

Thought of the Day: Shaq.
Song of the Day: Rebecca St. James-Power Of Your Love

No comments: