December 7, 2008

This week's persecuted church: Cuba
Pastor Gude Perez was imprisoned for 6 months for "human trafficking," taking money to help people leave the country. He is involved with the "Apostolic Reformation," a group that is active in evangelism and church growth. The leaders and church members are harassed and threatened, and his wife can only see him once every 21 days. Remember the Christians of Cuba!

This past week, I learned that my dad is actually a pluralist, believing that all religions lead to God. I also learned that my 실장님 hadn't been going to church this whole time. The last time she had gone was in high school! I'm realizing that being a Christian can get harder as you get older. Life really ain't no youth group retreat. This world is so broken.So my phone started updating something through the Internet after I had tried to receive a certification approval text message. After the update, my phone started showing the weather forecast for the next three days. I was scared out of my mind that I'd have to pay for every second of Internet usage, but it turns out that it's all free. If I'm not connecting to the Internet, how am I getting these weather updates? Cell phones are crazy! And, no, that is not a cool picture of my phone.

Thought of the Day: Navigators
Song of the Day: Natalie Grant-In Christ Alone

No comments: