November 6, 2008

"Someone once asked how it is possible to establish a connection between man and the Master of the Universe. The answer was that man must take the first step. In order for there to be a connection between man and the Master of the Universe, there must first be an opening, a passageway, even a passageway as small as the eye of a needle. But man must make the opening by himself; man must take the beginning step. Then the Master of the Universe will move in, as it were, and widen the passageway."
-Asher's father from My Name is Asher Lev

I wonder how many people in the world believe a statement like that. Sadly, probably a lot. This is the final book that I will be reading from David's collection. Actually, we've already stopped studying together, but I just didn't give this one back yet because I need something to read. Sometimes, I think about secretly sneaking books out of his huge collection on his bookshelf. No one would even notice! But apart from dishonesty, I tend to return the books in a condition that shows that they've clearly been used. But yeah, tutoring hours are dropping like flies. Sucks.

Something that's been standing out to me more and more is my huge turnoff of Catholics. I find the religion to be so ridiculous that I can't help but judge those who follow its beliefs. One clear and recent example is Kim Yuna. Have you guys noticed that she always does that cross thing with her hands before she starts her performances now? I used to really like her, but now she's just a Korean ice skater in my eyes. You Catholics are so close yet so far away!

I was just watching an episode from The Office Season 4 where Michael orders pizzas from the wrong Alfredo's. And now, I have a hankering for some good ol' American pizza. You guys don't know how lucky you are. Sometimes, I fantasize going back home and taking a roadtrip up north with Simon and eating at our favorite pizzeria, Toto's. It is seriously the 돌돌이 of pizzas. I long for you, my love.

Thought of the Day: Smoking.
Song of the Day: BoA-Eat You Up

No comments: