November 14, 2008

"Michael and Jan seem to be playing their own separate game. And it's called 'Let's See How Uncomfortable We Can Make Our Guests'... and they're both winning so I am going to make a run for it."
-Jim Halpert

I would say the Dinner Party episode from The Office Season 4 is probably one of my favorite episodes I've ever seen. They are SO good at making awkward situations! I was genuinely feeling embarrassed even as I watching the show. I'm always a season behind you, America, but it's never too late to laugh.

I asked one of my students what he would wish for if he had three wishes.
His wishes:
1) Richest man in the world
2) Having power and authority over everyone
3) Control the top companies in the world (with the exception of his father's and some of his friends)

Can you say power trip? I'm so glad that there ain't no genie to help this 5th grader out. However, we all have our extravagant lusts that we like to fantasize about from time to time. For example, did you guys know that if I was filthy rich and had money to burn, I'd want buy a yellow Lamborghini Diablo? That's right. I said yellow, and that has nothing to do with being Asian. Look at 'em doors go up!

I only have one more Kar Wai Wong movie to watch, "2046."

Thought of the Day: Persecution
Song of the Day: Mozart-Piano Sonata K332 in F - Adagio

No comments: