November 23, 2008

In our small group, we look at one country/church/group of Christians that experience persecution because of their faith. We take a glimpse at what struggle(s) they go through (thanks to persecution.org) and pray for them. Please join us in praying for a different group every week.

This week's Persecuted Church: Eritrea-In 2002, the government only allowed three churches to register with them, which means that all other churches would be unlawful. Faith Missions Church, which had been doing evangelistic activities for 50 years, had to go underground. Bu on October 12 (a little over a month ago), on a Sunday morning, they were raided and arrested by police-20 believers. This is just one church out of thousands of Eritrean Christians in jail.

Hebrews 13:3-"Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering."

Since I'll be posting about different Christians each week in our church forum, I thought might as well post on my blog too. I'm sure many may just gloss over this kind of stuff, but for the few who are willing to spare an extra minute, I think it'd be great to have just a little more awareness of what's going on out there in the world.

In December, my tutoring network will branch out to places like 압구정 and 개포동. Those that know me a lil better know that I have a passion for hating the 강남 area. It's far, crowded, and expensive. Ultimately, it's overrated. Nevertheless, I am being sent to such a place just as Jonah was sent to Ninevah. Right now, I can't afford to turn these down, but I do hope that they will eventually be short-lived. Please excuse the offensive picture. I found it on a random blog and felt that it was somewhat relevant as I was thinking about 강남. Haha.

Some people get addicted to smoking. These days, I find myself drinking coffee more often than usual. I highly doubt that I'll become an addict, but that's what every crackhead said too. If you begin to see my hands shaking from withdrawal, be a friend and keep me away from the brown stuff.

Thought of the Day: Respect.
Song of the Day: Taru-Miss You (Alternative Mix)

No comments: