October 3, 2008


I haven't done this in a while, but I randomly decided to look through the CPC xanga group and see what's going on in random people's lives. Apparently, everyone likes to lock up their blogs in case people might find out a little about their personal lives. I wonder why they even xanga then. Anyhow, I came upon Alvin's xanga and took a good 10 minutes to watch this year's youth group summer retreat slideshow. Man, I had so many mixed emotions. So many cute kids who grew up to look old and disgusting. Lots of unfamiliar faces but also unexpected ones that I familiarize. But the strongest thought that came to mind was, "If I went back to teach in the youth group right now, it would be a completely different youth group." And that made me sad.

I got three different plans canceled this week. But after getting the last one canceled, I decided to push hard for the second one that didn't work out. They finally agreed to meet. Unfortunately, the food and conversation did not. Maybe that was God's way of telling me that He cancels plans for good reasons. We often tell ourselves that when things don't work out, it's because God has something better for us. But maybe, sometimes things don't work out because He's keeping bad things from happening to us too. I hate learning the hard way.

Me: So how's preparing for midterms going?
David: Damn!

Thought of the Day: 구로역
Song of the Day: Younha-Yubikiri

No comments: