September 28, 2008

I treked all the way over to 분당 this weekend. Not only did Enoch take very good care of me,
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
but I also got to have excellent American breakfast
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
with Dave & Esther Lee!

It's always a surreal experience when you meet up with old friends from back home in Korea. After a few minutes into conversation, you forget that you're in the motherland. Then when you get up to pay the bill or step out of the restaurant, you remember that you're not in California. It's always good to see familiar faces again and hearing about funny experiences. EVERY foreigner has funny experiences!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Since I won't have any Enoch for the next three weeks, I decided to trek all the way down to 강남 and grab dinner with him too. We have fallen in love with the "disgusting" 순대국 of Korea. We actually crave this stuff now...one step closer to becoming more Korean.

One thing we both agreed was that it's going to be weird going back to the states whenever the heck that is. Sometimes, I feel like the longer you stay here, the harder it is to leave. Although I originally planned on staying for about two years, I find myself starting my third. But to be honest, I have a strong feeling that it's going to turn into a fourth and possibly even a fifth.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is a recent picture that I took of my favorite corner of my place. I think it's very symbolic of my life these days. Messy. So many tentative plans and schedules. Many things should be cleaned up by the middle of October though. Middle and high school kids will be done with midterms by then. I'll be decently settled into my new place in 영등포 (안녕, 정원!) with my OWN ROOM! Maybe even the love interest will show some real answers. However, my life never ever turns out the way I expect it too. As soon as I pick up my last piece of trash, there are always more rubbish bins tipping over.

Fall is here. My lips chapped today!

Days Remaining: 2

Thought of the Day: 원고바름
Song of the Day: Wonder Girls-Nobody

No comments: