August 21, 2008

I hate war movies, so I assumed I'd hate war stories. This was different and gave me a new perspective on a soldier's experience. Nevertheless, it was still war.
"...you could tell about a person not from what he believed, but by what worried him."

"Cowardice is what you make of it."


I have never cared for the Olympics until this year. Watching your native country play while you're actually in the native country is a very special experience. I can walk into any one of my classrooms and ask my students about the results of the previous day's events. They all know! As soon as I come home from a hard day's work, I always ask my dad what we won in that day. I don't even have to think twice about who to cheer for if it was Korea vs. USA. In fact, there's a part of me that wants Korea to win even more being the traitor that I am!

But with all that aside, more than the matches themselves, the best parts are watching the players' reactions after winning/losing. The picture above shows a picture of one of our women's ping pong players after winning against Japan for the bronze medal. She and her partner were crying so much as if they had won the gold. It was really really beautiful. Probably my favorite Olympic moment thus far.

I've come to enjoy watching the women's events more than the men's. There's something really passionate in the way women compete in sports. Even though Korea got the gold in taekwondo for both men and women just a few minutes ago, I thoroughly enjoyed watching 임수정's match so much more.

I finish my summer intensives for the last time tomorrow. It's practically all finished as tomorrow is speech contest day and my report cards are all freakin' done. To make matters better, I got food poisoning on Tuesday but recovered like crazy today. My dad was SO convinced that I had a fever of 110 degrees that he was THIS close to taking me to the hospital in the middle of the night. It was almost worth getting sick just to feel the restoration and recovery (but man were those some heinous days!). Thanks to those who prayed. God heard and answered indeed.

Some more good news! Not only is my boss going to keep her end of my ambiguous contract, but I've also officially told her that I will be leaving Elite for good. Take one more look at the picture above, and you'll get a glimpse of how I feel. If anyone needs a hakwon job, Elite's hiring. Ha!

Thought of the Day: Fall.
Song of the Day: TVXQ-HUG (Soft Electricity Mix)

No comments: