November 11, 2007

I am doing so much better with work these days. I remember for my first small group meeting, we went around sharing about our struggles. I told everyone how I was really hating my job and had pretty much no motivation to go into work. These days, I'm not exactly thrilled to go into hakwon, but I'm definitely not hating life anymore either. Thank you for your prayers, small group!

I'm really glad that I came to PCL. I started a Friday morning accountability group with Jaepil and Mike (Hyunsoo). We've been doing this 1 Year Bible reading schedule, and we meet every week to discuss the passages we read. I seriously wonder how much easier my first year in Korea would have been if I had been at this church sooner. Oh well, the Lord has His mysterious plans.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Some of us like to eat dinner together and hang out after small group. Last week, we randomly decided to walk across 한강 at night. I thought it was really cool.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
For those of you who are curious about Enoch, he recently decided to come out to PCL as well. I went to go visit his place in Bundang over the weekend. He lives in a really nice place next to this crazy set of apartments. Reminds me of a Bundang version of Hyperion or something.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
After meeting up with Enoch, I had a nice lil date with my ex-student, David. We watched a movie, ate Dos Tacos, and went to a board game room (finally). It's really cool cause they have just about every board game out there. But of course, what better board game to play than Monopoly (Korean stylez).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
In this picture, David looks super happy and excited to play. But after losing five games in a row within two hours, I turned his smile UPSIDE DOWN. He literally picked up every Go To Jail card at least once every single game. I think it was the first time David ever saw me crack up.

His parents actually gave me a gift certificate to show their appreciation for the past several months. When I got home, I checked to see how much they had given me. Two 10,000won gift certificates to Hyundai Department Store. "20,000won? I don't know what I'm going buy with that much, but it was a nice gesture," I thought. As I was putting them back into the envelope, my eyes glanced at the amount again. Somehow, my eyes had read 100,000 as 10,000. What a spectacular gift!

Thought of the Day: Beer.
Song of the Day: Anyband-TPL (Talk, Play, Love)

No comments: