April 14, 2007

These days, having time to watch a movie is a luxury for me. I just finished watching Rocky Balboa on my laptop (with no more sound problems!). Unlike most people, I actually enjoyed this movie because I wasn't expecting much, and it had decent closure for the Rocky series. I think you can only enjoy this movie if you love Rocky for who he is. He was a nobody. The underdog. The humble. The champ! I actually liked a particular quote from the movie:

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place, and I don’t care how tough you are. It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward."

Rocky may sound stupid, but his words are wise.

I think this past week was one of the busiest work weeks in my life. My craziest day was on Monday. I was at work from 9:30-9:30 (9 hours of teaching) and private tutoring afterwards til 11:15. If you replace the words, "the world" and "life," with "hakwon" in the quote above, you have a pretty accurate description of my ruthless job. Two more weeks and counting.

This past week, I was talking to Angelo about relationships and how I don't even have time for a girlfriend. He told me that not having enough time for ________________ is an excuse. You have to MAKE time! I really like that idea. We all complain how we don't have enough time for quiet times, exercise, reading books, family, and in my case, a girlfriend. When it comes down, you gotta make time. I mean, I've even made time to write in this stupid blog for the past five years! Time is precious. God gave us 24 hours for a reason. It is sufficient.

Cousin...

Me: Hey, why are those girls dancing over there with all those cameras around? What are they?
Nakyu: Stupid.

One sentence wonders...

"World Cultures Past and Present" cost me 23,000won!

Soo Noraebang is only 10,000won before 6pm!

They finally have Muse's "Starlight" at noraebang!

I love The Office!

I didn't do any work today!

Thought of the Day: Kyobo Tower.
Song of the Day: Johnny Nash-I Can See Clearly Now

No comments: