April 4, 2007

Taken from my email entry to my brother:

"In other news, work has been going alright these days. I lost a couple of students because they quit for various reasons. I'm actually pretty happy about those cause those students were bastards. But of all the days that I've been teaching at Elite, I had the FUNNIEST incident in one of my classes today. Basically, we have this detention system where you get three warnings for speaking Korean or being disruptive in class. So one of my students, Wendy, always has a bad habit of using Korean in class. After she got her third strike today, the other students started singing WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS! all passionately. After they ran out of the familiar verses, they started singing the CONGRATULATIONS song. FREAKIN' jacked up and funny. Wendy was so very pissed, and the fact that I was laughing didn't help. These Korean kids are jerks...really really funny jerks. Isn't that hilarious?"

Anyways, I absolutely relish The Office. I heard of a couple of people who really liked it, but I thought it'd just be another dumb sitcom or something. It's the hardest thing to watch it in the dark and hold in my laughs while my dad's asleep. I'll finish Season 1 tonight, and start Season 2 immediately. I actually heard that the original, British version is ten times funnier. It's hard to imagine, but that's what I thought of the American version at first, too. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you jump on it!

I've also been enjoying The Holiness of God a lot! I can see why Dinko and Simon regard it as their favorite christian book. It discusses profound ideas with such simple sentences. Now that's a good writer! Jump on this too.

For some strange reason, my ipod can't stop playing rave music. My ears will not allow me to listen to anything otherwise. Many people do not know that I was really into trance when I was a sophomore and junior in high school. Sometimes, I get really embarrassed about it. Six years later, however, the redundant beats have enTRANCEd me yet again. What a season.

Thought of the Day: TOEFL speaking secret!
Song of the Day: Feel The Beat

No comments: