January 28, 2007

Such frequent blogging! It's a reflection of how much lighter my life is without my previous schedule...OR I just feel like being very unproductive.

On Saturday, I went to Korea's National Museum with my dad. I learned about King Sejong, the dude who made our Korean language. For the ignorant, he's better known as the guy who appears on the 1,000won bill.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I also saw the evolutionary process of what people in the past imagined Korea to look like. Unfortunately, those were the only cool things I got to see. Since we came on a free admission day, it was packed with families and loud children. Plus, my dad and I were starving, so instead of learning more Korean history, we decided to make our own history by having the best Galbi Tang in the world. I was actually too busy eating, so I didn't even bother to take a picture. It wouldn't have done justice anyways. 10,000won sounds like a lot, but that crap was priceless!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Today, I had another family dinner. I met another new nephew who happens to be the brightest little 8 year old I've ever met. I seriously think he's read more books than I have in my entire life. He also likes games like chess, so this is how we became acquainted with one another. I rocked him (twice).
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And then of course, we have our cute niece that kept whispering into my ear to hurry up and eat so we could play. She told me that I looked super young for a 100-year-old. She couldn't get over it. When she looked at my phone and told me that I should get a bigger one, I asked her if she could lend me some money. She told me she'd think about it. Five seconds later, she agreed to help me out. She estimated about 90,000won for a new phone. That's a generous amount for a five-year-old.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I had to bribe her with magic tricks to get this last picture. She cracks me up.

I have a great heart for their family. They're all so kind and wonderful. They want to take good care of me and have me come over frequently. It breaks my heart to see such people not want to know Christ. Over dinner, my uncle jokingly admonished me and my dad to not try and bring them out to church. They said they'd go when THEY wanted to go. Only the Lord can do such a work. With so many of my family members, the only way I can actively witness to them is to pray by myself (awkwardly) before we eat. May God show them His irresistable grace!

Yesterday, my and I dad accidentally walked through the red light district where there were prostitutes standing beside their brothels. I'd never had a prostitute talk to me before. When this one girl told me to come to her, it made me really sad. Their work is so degrading and low. How did they end up in that kind of position? No one ever plans on becoming a prostitute. It has to be a last resort. Several of them must be runaways or victims of abuse. Missionaries witness to the sick, poor, and unhappy. But who witnesses to the prostitutes?

Thought of the Day: Peekvid.
Song of the Day: Third Day & Fernando Ortega-Our Great God

No comments: