March 13, 2006



i just woke up from a "gawi" or episode of sleep paralysis about an hour ago. i usually experience this about once every few weeks. no crazy hallucinations or anything; just an uncomfortable inability to move 95% of my body. today's was a bit different though. i was sleeping on my chair with my head tilted back. i don't know if this was all real but i "experienced" my right arm being able to move. because i wanted to wake myself up from this spell, i used my right arm to pull my left arm forward so that my torso might move and awaken the rest of my body. i think i succeeded in pushing my upper body forward but it lay paralyzed at 45 degees. my head was still tilted back with my mouth open (my mouth is always open whenever i fall asleep on my chair). now, if this was all real from the getgo, and if someone like my mom or my brother had walked in the room to see my performance, there'd either be much laughing or screaming. too bad nobody was home...but thank goodness i woke up.

i've been taking a Perspectives course for two months now. Perspectives is a 17 week class on missions/evangelism that is offered nationwide annually. i attend the Whittier Class every Thursday night with a few others. i must say that my knowledge and awareness of missions (or lack of) has grown so much lately. it's refreshing to meet with Christians who are not Korean or Presbyterian or even reformed! it's a great reminder that there are all kinds of people that God uses to do His work. well, every week i have a different speaker to listen to and a new chapter to read for homework. i started sharing some encouraging quotes or stories with our Artesia Outreach preparations. but of all the things that i've read or heard about, i am particularly excited to share about the words of David Livingstone:

�For my own part, I have never ceased to rejoice that God has appointed me to such an office. People talk of the sacrifice I have made in spending so much of my life in Africa. Can that be called a sacrifice which is simply paid back as a small part of a great debt owing to our God, which we can never repay? Is that a sacrifice which brings its own blest reward in healthful activity, the consciousness of doing good, peace of mind, and a bright hope of a glorious destiny hereafter? Away with the word in such a view, and which such a thought! It is emphatically no sacrifice. Say rather it is a privilege. Anxiety, sickness, suffering, or danger, now and then, with a foregoing of the common conveniences and charities of this life, may make us pause, and cause the spirit to waver, and the soul to sink, but let this only be for a moment. All these are nothing when compared with the glory which shall hereafter be revealed in and for us. I never made a sacrifice.�

missionaries, pastors, teachers, and every other servant out there-be encouraged just as i am encouraged.

i am now back to tutoring three students.

i am going on the Arizona mission trip this summer.

i am going to take the CSET and GRE in July and August.

Praise the Lord.

if you search for things on Google, use the Google toolbar on my blog. i think i get paid every time people click on the ads too.

Thought of the Day: Pulchritude.
Song of the Day: Foo Fighters-What If I Do

No comments: