August 29, 2005

i don't know how but the debate of whether a tomato was a fruit or vegetable came up at the dinner table. my mom was SO certain that it was a vegetable...

(in korean).
me: but tomatoes have seeds. if it has seeds, then it's a fruit.
mom: it's not! i can't believe he's challenging his own mother.
me: ok, then how do you know it's a vegetable?
mom: ...
me: ...
simon: ...
mom: just know that it is!

i've never seen my mom so happily stubborn in my life. i just had to disprove her...

(in korean).
me: mom, it's a fruit! it says on askoxford.com that "a tomato is definitely a fruit."
mom: (looks at website). "a tomato is definitely a fruit." umohmohmoh! eehsanghaneh!
me: ahahhahahahhah.
mom: no, i read in a magazine that everyone believes it's a fruit but it's really a vegetable. i'm going to look for that magazine.

looks like mama doesn't always know best. =D

i had my first real day of relaxation this summer. no plans, obligations, duties, appointments, tutoring, or time to wake up.

1. 10 hours of sleep
2. ate brunch
3. started reading Pilgrim's Progress
4. ate lunch.
5. read again.
6. fell asleep in my chair.
7. balled with simon.
8. showered.
9. ate dinner.

chillax on a really hot day.

yg retreat was really good. very gospel-centered sermon/bible studies. very hot. very red.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



one really important thing i learned from yg retreat was that there shouldn't be a single habitual sin that we cannot overcome. to say that we cannot overcome particular sins in our lives is to spit at the Gospel and say that Christ's work was not good enough for us. for sure, pastor ben was the best retreat speaker i have ever had in my life. so convicting. so passionate. so scary. so gospel.
cg retreat was really good too. i almost feel like it was good in the ways yg was not: more interactive and laidback speaker, smaller and more mature group, lighter schedule, food 10x better, nicer cabins and better bathroom system, and of course, better pictures for better memories.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



i was so encouraged by pastor john's sermon on loving God with our minds and thoughts. i've never heard someone speak so passionately on studying for God's glory and seeing how all of our studies should point to Christ (i can't believe zen missed that sermon!). i'm really glad that dykas (especially) heard it. haha. pastor john kept telling me to considering learn Greek even after the retreat. what a passionate and geeky pastor. LEGOS!

i have lots of time on my hand for the next 3 weeks or so. my goals are to finish reading Pilgrim's Progress, The Holiness of God, and Every Young Man's Battle (this year's cluster book). it's like finishing one book every week. summer is the only time i make time to catch up on my reading. try to keep me accountable by asking me what i've been reading about.

upcoming events: 9th grade sleepover, senior class sleepover, and outreach!

the fun never stops.

Thought of the Day: Soonjung = Pure Heart.
Song of the Day: Ivy-Midnight.