April 20, 2005



i was driving home today and i thought about everything that's happened these past two weeks. i was immediately reminded of edu's xanga title, "Come, Lord Jesus." man, i've been so sad lately just with all of the financial difficulties, grad school stuff, and friends having troubles with friends. i am weary from it all. how can i encourage others when i myself am so discouraged? as i kept driving, it hit me that i've been too complacent with my spiritual walk. i've been pretty comfortable for a long time now and it's finally caught up to me. i have forgotten what it means to struggle and to grow in character and hope. Chambers writes, "Beware of the danger of relaxation spiritually." i have indeed NOT been aware and i once again find myself at my knees.
Hebrews 12:2-3-Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
God is sovereign over my bank account and even my relationships. how much more is He sovereign over my sanctification?
Hebrews 12:11-No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
Amen.
Come, Lord Jesus.
Amen.

Thought of the Day: Doesn't listen.
Song of the Day: Chris Tomlin-How Great Is Our God