February 16, 2005



in the past two months, i've had three ear infections. i'm still having my third one right now. i have grown a very strong hate for these infections. what people don't realize is that much of your inner ear is connected to your jaw muscles. so when i'm trying to enjoy a simple sandwich that michelle made for me, i am chewing in painful tears. when i got home from fieldwork, i just collapsed into my bed and lay, scrunched up in a humble fetal position. all i could do is think about Job and his boils or Paul and the thorn in his flesh: "Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me." i think i've pleaded more like three-HUNDRED times to take away the pain.

i remember when i was 5 or 6, i had an ear infection and all i did was cry in my mom's arms. she couldn't do anything to make the aching go away so she did what all moms do best-hold me as i cried. i really do believe that mothers have a special love for their children that no one can explain. when it comes to protecting and sacrificing for their child, they're freakin' super-heroes. my mom is just a glimpse of what my God is. the tender love. the faithfulness. the most incredible sacrifice.

Romans 8:32-�He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all-how will he not also, along with him, give us all things?�

please pray for me so that we can rejoice together the next time i see you.

Thought of the Day: Miserable.
Song of the Day: Sara Groves-The Word