July 2, 2004

i'm leaving for paraguay in 2 days. i've been in cerritos, practicing body worships, perfecting our skits, gospel training in spanish, making bracelets, and praying every single day this week. it didn't hit me until last night how privelegded i was to go on missions. most of the time, i was thinking about how I'D be helping out the people down there and how I'D be evangelizing to people who need Christ and how I'D always have to be sensitive and considerate and patient to the Paraguayans. last night, God humbled me and showed me how arrogant and impatient and conditional my heart was. i really do not deserve to go out there and share the gospel. my lips are so unclean, my mind is so unfocused, my heart is often hardened in pride...the list goes on and on. there have been too many times where i judged people on my very own team. there have been too many times where i have been bitter towards people who did not support me financially. there have been too many times where i did not train and prepare with joy. but i thank God that He has allowed me to go Paraguay, even if it's just for 2 1/2 weeks. i thank God that He chooses to uses the weak and imperfect things of this world so that He would be glorified. i thank God for being just and humbling the proud. i thank God that He still loves me even when i turn to idols for happiness. i thank God that He is so patient with me. God, be glorified through me in Paraguay.

Thought of the Day: Thuglife.
Song of the Day: 2pac-Hail Mary

No comments: