February 20, 2004

i finally finished All About Eve on tues. and Hajime No Ippo today. i really liked both of them. i think hajime is one of the most inspirational and encouraging animes out there. whenever i go workout at the arc, i'm always thinking about ippo and how disciplined he was. he worked so hard with his puny body and character...and what do you know, he becomes Japan's Featherweight Champion. freak, his body is like so ripped too! it like gives me hope and crap. lol. whenever i run, i only hear that one song with the electic guitar in my head. there's no better song for working out.

i realized that i really dislike people who give me stupid excuses for the things they do or do not do. i would much rather hear a straight and real answer for their behavior. why is it that so many people try so hard to conceal their lazy, ignorant, or apathetic character? not that i'm not guilty of doing this myself. it just makes me angry when people bs right at my face. it insults me so bad. my hope is that God will show them this sham and freakin' BREAK them! =D just kidding. i'm such a sinner.

don't you hate it when you're encouraging or praying for someone and there's no sign of improvement or effort on their side? you feel like your efforts are wasted and you label them as a lost cause. so many times, i've stopped encouraging/praying for people b/c i was discouraged by the lack of any progress. whether it be asking people to read the Bible, to STUDY for once, or even trying to plug people into church, it's so hard to have a heart for those people when they just don't appreciate your efforts. so then, what are we supposed to do? do we continue to work out our lost causes or do we let go and let God? i think Paul set a very good example for what kind of attitudes we ought to have.

Phillippians 1:3-10-I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus. And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowdlege and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ.

man, Paul really loved the church of Phillipi. i think we ought to have attitudes similar to Paul's, constantly praying for those he loved and trusting that "God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus. "

i found out today that my students that i tutor will only need me to come in twice a week. that means only $60 a week. especially since i'm saving up for missions, i'm reallly going to have to be wise with how i spend my money. i can't just buy stupid things on ebay or go out to eat with clusters anymore. despite my discouragmenet, i know that God is faithful. if He provides me with meals to eat everyday and a bed to sleep on every night, then surely He will continue to provide for my future needs.

Thought of the Day: I'm totally feeling Jpop music these days.
Song of the Day: Hamasaki Ayumi-Seasons Piano Mix

No comments: